Farm Bureau Salutes 4-H
Minnesota Ag Connection - 10/09/2018
The Minnesota Farm Bureau (MFB) salutes 4-H during National 4-H Week, October 7-13. This week is a great reminder of the many reasons why Farm Bureau maintains such strong support for the 4-H program.
Farm Bureau invests in 4-H throughout the year because it recognizes that rural youth benefit from participation in this organization. 4-H is a program that develops leaders who will contribute back to their communities and invest in our future.
Below are some of the ways Farm Bureau partners with 4-H throughout the year:
- MFB Foundation is a sponsor of the Minnesota 4-H Foundation.
- MFB Foundation sponsors 12 Minnesota 4-H animal science awards presented at the Minnesota State Fair.
- MFB Foundation is a buyer at the Minnesota Purple Ribbon Auction.
- MFB Federation is a sponsor of the Minnesota State Fair 4-H stall cards and herdsmanship cards.
- MFB Federation provides recognition for peer mentor training participants.
- MFB Foundation is a sponsor of the "4-H Minnesota Growing True Leaders" Pioneer Public Television special.
- MFB Foundation is a sponsor of the Minnesota 4-H Science of Agriculture Response (SOAR) challenge program.
- MFB Foundation recognizes yearly an Extension Educator of the Year.
- MFB Federation has Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors assist at the MFB Annual Meeting.
- MFB Federation assists with training the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors.
- Many Farm Bureau members serve as program leaders in their local communities.
County Farm Bureaus and Farm Bureau leaders also support 4-H programs by sponsoring local 4-H activities and individuals, jointly hosting events such as safety camps and serve as a driving force to maintain 4-H programs in their counties and work with 4-H
to strengthen county fairs.